EB-250 for outside the airstream
Remotely controlled battery-powered airflow balancing dampers can be adjusted at a wall or ceiling access point near the air outlet or from a remote mechanical room (as shown), avoiding visible termination points in common areas altogether. Common wall mount hardware can be used to gang the wire terminations for up to 8 dampers.
Electro-Balance® Sales Soar Over 350%! Here’s What You Need to Know:
Last year the sales of our Electro-Balance Remotely Controlled Battery-Powered Airflow Balancing Dampers surged on the west coast. Popularity is now spreading across the country, with an over 350% increase in Q1 and Q2 sales over last year. Notable cities with significant sales growth include Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, San Antonio and Austin. Central Florida has also had a sharp increase in sales.
What Makes Battery-Powered So Popular? Top Sales Points:
- No Hard Wiring is required – snap fit connectors.
- Dampers ship with motorized damper drives already mounted
- Motor has been tested for a 100k cycles – power is in the hand-held remote control via a 9 volt battery.
- Wire runs up to 1000 ft.
- Wiring can be routed in a central location to house up to 8 units into 1 termination port
- Cost savings for runs greater than 8ft
“The design allows us to address the comfort needs of individual tenants by adjusting airflow within their space. And the best part is we can do it all remotely – from our mechanical room. No more going from office to office and dragging a ladder back and forth. The efficiencies are priceless.”
– Building Manager
Who’s Choosing Battery-Powered Dampers, and Why?
This simple product solves problems for many different groups involved in building construction and management.
- Architects–appreciate the elimination of unsightly access panels and the assurance that architectural features won’t be damaged to gain access to ducts for adjustment
- Engineers–depend on the reliability and performance
- Contractors–are impressed with the complete product kits and ease of installation and labor saving
- Balancing Technicians–prize the ease of use and time savings when balancing or rebalancing airflow
- Building Managers–appreciate the cost savings related to time and preservation of structure
The dampers are being used primarily in high-end finished spaces such as municipal buildings, retail spaces, car dealerships, hospitals, casinos, residential and commercial buildings and theme parks.
“We have been working hard to communicate the benefits of our Electro-Balance product line and we are really starting to reap the rewards. We see no reason why this sharp increase in sales can’t take place everywhere.”
– Elaine Malliaras, MAT Sales Manager